Sunday, December 22, 2013

2013- 12 Days of Fiction: DAY 2!

All She Wanted by Nicole Deese

Sorry I'm late with this one, but this book is most definitely worth the wait. Nicole Deese and her book, All She Wanted, are my favorite find of 2013. This book is a shift from my 'usual' reading fare- a contemporary romance- but what a refreshing change! The moment I opened this book on my Kindle, I was completely absorbed in the story. As in, utterly useless. Almost non-functional. If I didn't have 2 little ones and a hubby to feed, I may have just lived on the couch from beginning to end.
I loved Charlie and Briggs. I loved watching them interact, learn about each other, and fall in love. I love that Charlie learns to respect, forgive, and be transparent. I love that Briggs is always the gentleman, is willing to abide by rules he doesn't understand, and puts Charlie and her needs before his own.
These are characters you will care about, invest in, and be utterly satisfied with at the end.

http://www.fictionherofeatures.com/2013/11/briggs.html

Back Cover:
Choices. They determine how we live, who we are, and what we want. Some choices are made for us. Others we must make for ourselves. 
Charlie Lexington is a living consequence of both. Everything about the feisty redhead represents a second chance—even her name. Though she was rescued at the age of five, her past is a lingering reminder of what she longs for most. And the one thing she has spent a lifetime trying to find. After a series of less-than-stellar choices, her Performing Arts Scholarship now hangs by a thread. Her sudden suspension has not only resulted in her father’s disappointment, but in the loss of her freedom as well. She is forced to face the music: four weeks house arrest. 
Briggs is the carefree, charming, yet all-too-mouthy fireman who is asked to keep an eye on the pretty little spitfire. He quickly learns, however, that his first assessment of her was off—she’s tougher than she looks. When her stubborn resolve pushes his sanity and intercepts his heart, his loyalties are put to the test. Sometimes the hardest choice we make, is the one we must make for love... 

**This is the second book in the Letting GO series, but it can be read as a stand-alone. **

No comments:

Post a Comment