Monday, January 12, 2015

Tears of the Sea




It's been just over 12 hours since I finished Tears of the Sea by MaryLu Tyndall, and this book still hasn't let me go. It is truly one of the most beautiful scriptural allegories I have read in a very long time.

Wait a minute. Amazon says this book is about a mermaid. 

Yes, it is. Skeptical? Don't worry- I was too. In fact, I had no idea the book was an allegory when I started reading it. It didn't take long for the parallels to start standing out, and suddenly I was filtering the book in an entirely new way.

A King, holy, glorious, righteous, and good.
A lost world, full of suffering souls.
A Prince, sent to save the lost, willing to give himself for the least of these- even unto death.
A crew of faithful servants, unsure what the big picture is, but willing to follow their Captain anywhere.
An evil overlord and his minions, desperate to take over the world and defeat the King once and for all.

And one woman. Cursed. Unloved. Alone. Desperate for redemption, freedom, love.

Can you see it?

Books like this are the reason this blog has it's name-  Tears of the Sea is more than words. Written by & from a heart surrendered to Christ, this book is truth. It is powerful, and deep, and wide as the ocean.
I refuse to say more because I don't want to spoil it for you. I want you to read it for yourself. Let it wash over you and open your eyes again to the truth of scripture. See in a new light just how much He loves you. What He gave to redeem you. What awaits those who press on toward the upward call in Christ.

If you only read one book- just one- this whole year, make it this one.

Amazon Link

I recommend for fans of C.S. Lewis' Narnia, Francine River's Redeeming Love, and Ted Dekker's Black, Red & White (The Circle Trilogy)

PS- I couldn't resist a light-hearted post script... I was already in love with this book, but after visiting MaryLu's Pinterest board and discovering her model for Savion was Chris Evans? Well....let's just say I love Tears even more now.  :)



1 comment:

  1. Wow, thank you, Joy. I'm truly humbled by your kind words. To God be the glory. :-)

    ReplyDelete